While everyone else in the world seems occupied with figuring out how to lose weight, many young guys feel that they’re too skinny and need to gain weight – lots of it in some cases. However, as many discover, gaining weight can be just as hard as losing weight. Don’t fret if you belong in that category, because there is hope: read the guidelines here, and you’ll probably end your days as the proverbial “beanstalk” in six months to a year. Gaining weight can be done in three easy steps:
1. Commit to a massive increase in daily calorie intake
If you’ve found it hard to gain weight, it is because you’re not consuming enough calories. To gain weight, start eating slightly bigger meals (just stuffing yourself a little bit – adding a dessert is a good thing), start snacking between meals, and add another meal to your daily schedule. You basically need to train yourself to eat more, as bodybuilders have been doing for decades in order to most effectively fuel muscle growth. Focus on calorie rich foods, and the job will be much easier.
Here are a few great weight gain foods you should start consuming regularly if you aren’t already doing so:
- Banana and peanut butter sandwiches. These calorie monsters combine fats with both fast and slow calories, and are therefore marvelous for gaining weight. Remember to also use regular butter and not just peanut butter on them.
- Cheese. Cheese sandwiches, pizzas, cheeseburgers: you don’t need a degree in physiology of nutrition to understand that these kinds of foods are only for those who don’t weigh more than they would like to. Eat plenty of cheesy foods all the time.
- Whole milk. 100 ml of whole milk will give you 65 calories. A
- Liquid calories. Even though whole milk is very effective as a weight gain food, almost all kinds of liquid calories are great. Sodas, fruit juices and milkshakes work great. A weight gain supplement like Mutant Mass can help you take things even further, but make sure to add a drink like that to your regular meals, or you’ll lose much of the effect.
- Oils. Get some flax seed oil and olive oil, and start adding a table spoon or two of mixed olive and flax seed oil to your fruit juices. Again, the high calorie count of this drink and the carbohydrate / fat combination make this a deadly tool against skinnyness!
- Meat. All meats are great, but look for the fattier stuff, and remember to always eat meat with a carbohydrate source and preferably a high calorie sauce of some kind.
- Nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds are high calorie, healthy snacks that you can bring with you everywhere. 100 grams of nuts per day in addition to regular meals will boost your calorie intake by a whopping 600+.
2. Lift weights.
Lifting weights will help you build muscle and make sure most of those extra calories you’re consuming don’t turn to fat. You want to get big, not turn into Jabba The Hut, and to do that you need to lift weights 2-4 times per week.
3. Chill Out.
Learning to deal with stress and keeping a relaxed attitude to everything will lower your basal metabolic rate and help you gain weight faster. Learn meditation, the Sedona Method, EFT or whatever it is you need to help you relax more. If you ever find yourself fidgeting, deal with it immediately. Also, don’t stand when you can sit, and don’t sit when you can lie down. Chill out, eat well and lift weights and you’ll be able to quit being a beanstalk sooner than you think.
- How to Gain Weight and Muscle as a Skinny Guy ? Prepare The Kitchen ! (cleansebody.org)
- Perfect Meals For A 1500 Calorie Diet Plan (weightlossdietforum.com)
Weight Gain Tips for Beanstalks by GuestPoster